Translate

Sunday, August 21, 2011

NOVINGER <> NABINGER VISIT: Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany – June 2011

Hermann Nabinger (56)
Hermann Nabinger & Glen Novinger
In May, 2010, I contacted Hermann Nabinger in Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany. Hermann Nabinger was born in Frankenstein, Rheinland-Pfalz, the earliest known village of the Novingers & Nabingers, and now lives in Ludwigshafen, just 45 kilometers from our Family Village.
So during the 2nd week of June, 2011, my wife, Tracy and I had the pleasure of meeting and visiting Hermann and his wife, Else, in their home. During the past year Hermann and I had compared our family genealogy trees and determined that we are directly related and descended from our common Grandfather, Hans Jakob Nabinger, who was born in 1630 or 1637 and died on 01/21/1710. Hans Jakob Nabinger is our 7th Great Grandfather, or 9 generations back in time.
 
Hermann Nabinger (39)
Hermann with Else and Tracy
 
During our week with Hermann and Else we made many visits to historic cities in the Rheinland-Pfalz State.  But none was more moving than the day we spent in Frankenstein. The photo below shows Hermann and myself sitting on a stone bench on a street in Frankenstein, just 30 meters from the location of the first Nabinger’s farm in that village.
 
Hermann Nabinger (76)
 
Check this Blog soon for more postings on our
Nabinger<>Novinger Home Town, Frankenstein, Rheinland-Pfalz.

800px-Flag_of_Rhineland-Palatinate_svg
Flag of Rheinland-Pfalz

2 comments:

Tracy Novinger said...

Love those Novinger-Nabingers.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting! Our last name is also Nabinger. I change my maiden name from Körber to Nabinger in 2011 when I got married to my husband who is from Detroit/ Michigan.